|Pretty fishy :))|
This piece is also a project from Art III. It is the result of an assignment where we used silk dye. I'd done something similar to this in eighth grade, when we used wax and stuff to batik with a visiting artist. This time, we use gutta and fancy silk dye that stains your fingers and clothes. (I think my fingers were blue for a while.) I chose a fish because I thought I could do some cool watery stuff with the dye and because I secretly like fish almost as much as sheep. I wish I had a picture of the watercolor I made as a sketch because I actually like it better than the final product... Probably because I spent days on the watercolor and the silk actually went more quickly than I expected. I had some fun with salt, which gave it a kind of bubbly look in some spots. It was great fun :)) Like I said I'm not as happy with the final as I was with the sketch, but it was something new and I did have a lot of fun making it.